Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thing #35 Wakoopa

I was going to participate in this one but there wasn't enought time since I looked at it on April 30th. I tried downloading the tracking part but it but it never took and my computer here at work doesn't have the easiest time downloading stuff and this was before we got newer computers put in.

The whole concept of it is a little iffy as to whether it would even be accepted by people who really like their privacy. Just the other day we had someone complain because she was checking her e-mail on a computer and later came back to the same computer and it remembered her password/she didn't have to log in again. People don't want others to know what they have been doing.

I personally don't like having to download something to track what I'm doing and if you use a program a lot you just know that you use it a lot, you don't really need a program to tell you that. The only way it might be useful is if you have to account for your time wherever you work. It might be beneficial for patron use of computers but I think you really should tell people that they are being tracked as to what they use the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment